Thanks for visiting my food blog and checking out what's cooking in my kitchen. This is not a literary chronicle, but a place for family and friends to get a recipe or tip for their own creations in the kitchen. I have a link to my personal chef site for clients that wish to request something for their meals.

Collecting recipes has been a favorite past time for me and a tremendous help in planning a great meal. I get so excited when I find a great cookbook in the local thrift shop or on the best seller's list at Amazon. It's my intention to share the recipes here and give credit to the source and/or chef that created it.

I hope you enjoy visiting and will find something useful for your own culinary delights.
















Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Smoked Salmon Mousse in Cucumber Cups



1 4 oz. piece smoked salmon
2 tbs. heavy cream
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
1 tbs. fresh prepared grated horseradish
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temp
2 seedless cucumbers, cut into 1/4 inch slices

Remove the skin from the smoked salmon. Put the flesh into the bowl of a food processor and chop until very fine. With the machine still running, add the cream in a steady stream. Add the salt and pepper, lemon juice, and horseradish.
-
Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the cream cheese. Blend until well combined and smooth. Using a rubber spatula, press the mixture through a fine sieve to remove any lumps. Refrigerate until ready to use.
-
Using a pastry bag fitted with a decorative tip, pipe 1 teaspoon mousse onto the center of each cucumber slice or create a cup by scooping the flesh from the center leaving a small rim around the edges.

Recipe taken from "Martha Stewart's Hors d'oeuvres Handbook"
** the book calls for smoked trout, but I substituted smoked salmon instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment